best apps?
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

are there any must have apps for a droid phone? I want to receive my e mail, but for some reason, my e mail app on my fascinate will not sync with it.

0 Likes
Re: best apps?
AZSALUKI
Legend

my favorites are:

pandora

shazam

aloqa (LOVE this one)

appbrain

qik

tunein radio

these are the 6 i use most often

0 Likes
RonAnderson
My favorites are

Angry birds
Sky droid, it is a gps for golf courses
News apps
Googles navigation
Tv.com
Chess
Dolphins app
and swype.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1
  • aTrackdog= Uninstall apps & also you can see the top 100 most popular apps in the market
  • Basketball shot= Fun fun basketball game. You just shoot basketballs into a net while being timed
  • Labyrinth 3D= It's a 3d board game with a marble. You have to avoid the holes & make it to the end spot
  • Carrom3D= Another game,but it's a pool game. You can play with your friends, by yourself or other android users
  • Where's My Droid= If you put your phone on silent & need to find it, you can just text your phone with the secret word.It'll ring with this app!
  • SMS Backup= Saves your text messages to your sd card
  • 1001 cocktails= Alcoholic drink recepies available
  • HI AIM= I like this app because it uses data as instant messaging instead of it counting towards your text messages
  • HandcentSMS= The most popular messaging app. It has more feautes to offer (change front,change color,change buble color...etc)
  • Ringdroid= Create ringtones. Either record ringtones or make ringtones out of the songs in your phone
  • Ringo Lite= Apply ringtones to text messages or calling ringtones (can be applied to contacts too)
0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1
Thanks, I'll have to check some of those out. The fascinate comes s with swype, and after having my omnia 2, it was a must.
0 Likes
RonAnderson
I am new to Swype, although I've been part of the bata tests that went out some time ago. We are on 2.3 bata. I like it so far.
0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1
You should try a phone with swype fully integrated, it's really nice, but it is never your only option. it also has voice to text, and conventional typing is always an option, with 2 keyboards available. this whole message was written with voice to text, and it is surprisingly accurate.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

These are my favorite apps

Flixster = movies times and previews

Estrongs File Explorer = I find it more user friendly than Astro

Speedtest.net app = test the speed of signal!

Colornote = Little post-it notes that you can edit and assign different colors for task, lists

Swiftkey Beta = Keyboard replacement.  It's not Swype but I like the learning aspect of it and feels quicker than the stock keyboard of my Eris

The Weather Channel = I don't even use the weather widgets that came stock any more because having this.

Sensorly Map viewer = crowd sourced cell signal maps from around the world and growing everyday.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
@ann

I like weatherbug better because I keep the temp on my notification bar, and the radar pictures now have video so you know where a storm is moving.

Other favorite apps are

*ADW.Launcher
*Angry Birds Lite (full version when it comes)
*Rednecks vs. Aliens (awesome tower defense game 2nd only to Plants vs. Zombies)
*Video Player
*Swype
*Engadget (keep up with Technology news)
*Spark (Xbox Live app)
*Kindle
*FreeCaddie (golf gps)
0 Likes
vette8494

I'm looking for an app that will allow me to access Directv for recording shows. I understand there is one out there. But I can't find it.

0 Likes