app for lotus notes
treeguy1

I am looking at the Droid X.  My employer has Lotus Notes.  Is there an App for Lotus notes?  I did inquire with the head our our Information Systems department, and he made it sound like this was not a possiblitly.  I have talked to other friends working for other companies with Lotus Notes, and they have been able to retrieve e-mails with their smart phones.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: app for lotus notes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ask your IT department if they have the Lotus Notes Traveller included with their IBM Lotus Domino Enterprise Client Access License and Lotus Domino 8.5.2.1 software or later. I just checked IBM's website for the status of the beta application I knew about since my company also uses Lotus Notes and it appears that the application is available for Android phones 2.x and higher with that particular Domino software.

Hope this link works (had to type it in manually)
www-01.ibm.com/software/lotus/products/notes/traveler.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is also an application called Good Mobile Messaging. Also according to what I am reading on my work's website, there appears to be a fee per user, a per year maintenance fee and Verizon users have to upgrade their personal data plan($29.99/month) to the corporate data plan ($44. 99/month)

www.good.com

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2
I use Lotus Launcher it seems to work well. It notifies me when I get email and I am able to respond. I am also able to acces my calendar and to do list. You can find it in the Market. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3

We have Lotus Notes at work too.  Up until about a year ago, our IS department would only allow BB users to access their work email on their phone.  This year, they allowed other OS the same access by using Good for Enterprise.  Not as quick as BB, and not at all as "user friendly", but I wanted to get away from BB so I'm dealing with it on my Droid X.   I just needed to get a code from our IS department to set things up. 

I had to have the $49.00 data plan, which I had anyway, so there was no extra monthly cost for me. 

Another thing I can do is to access my Lotus Notes on my phone the same way I can access it from my home laptop...through the web.  That gives me the same desktop and all the "bells and whistles" that I have when I'm at work.  It doesn't stay connected 24/7 due to security issues, so I don't use it primarily to access email, but it is good when I need to do more than what "Good" can do.

0 Likes
bjo

Has anyone been able to get lotus notes traveler to work on a DroidX? It installed ok on my DroidX but it will not Sync my mail and calendar.

0 Likes