Re: Yahoo Email On Droid
dave213

Same here I got my phone 5 days ago and have been trying to get yahoo mail on my phone ever since and can't do it.  Not upgrading to yahoo mobile however, I'll just look it up on my browser.

0 Likes
pdecks

I got my phone on Nov 16, I set up my Yahoo Accounts just like it said in earlier posts and it worked fine (well, mostly) until about 2 days ago. Now I don't get my Yahoo mail on my phone. I just logged into my account this morning and saw that I had like 15 emails that never went to my phone! Does anyone know if the changes that AFguy is talking about are affecting the manual way that the email was set up?  So far REALLY unhappy that this phone is so horrible with Yahoo accounts.

0 Likes
Latiff

Why are you REALLY upset with the way the Droid is handling yahoo email? It's not the phone it's Yahoo as they control the servers.

0 Likes
pjbsimi

yes, it true Yahoo has cut us out.  Can you imagine how **bleep** that policy is? They make their money on advertising?  They should be monetizing Yahoo mail.  But now they are cutting out a large share of the smart phone market from this monetization strategy if they don't allow Yahoo mail on android.  imagine if a significant share of the yahoo mail population decides to stop using yahoo mail on any platform because they want their mail on their phone.  Now no reason to go to yahoo on any platform. **bleep**.

0 Likes
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

It is because it is Google's OS.  I have no problem getting my yahoo mail on my TP2 Windows Mobile device.  Also, iphone users can get their yahoo mail easily as well.  What's next, a Yahoo branded phone, or yahoo OS.  This is crazy how things are evolving.

0 Likes
dstick44
I used the setting mentioned and am still able to get my yahoo mail on my droid as of 12-5-09. Yesterday the phone did lock up and had to pull the battery to reset it, after the reset yahoo mail was gone, but I was able to reinstall it and its working.
0 Likes
stlguy30337

got yahoo to work on droid but cant sign out. when i manually set it up i checked must sign in block. turned phone off and on still logged on.

also does anybody know how to change gmail accounts on droid. veizon rep created one and i want to delete that and create new one

thanks

0 Likes
cooled209
Enthusiast - Level 3

Worked Great, Thanks.

0 Likes
maflanc

I found this on the Verizon site...  its says you must be a mail plus subsciber to get mail on your phone.

I have the ERIS and while I was able to set up the account it would not sync with my inbox (ie actually get the mail.)

http://support.vzw.com/how_to_use/eris_email_setup.html

0 Likes
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you.  I have been trying to say that all along, but people are finding some way to add their yahoo mail, and then coming to this forum complaining that it isnt woking correctly.

0 Likes