What kind of message I get on the Driod for the update?
Jossi402

Just wondering, if the update does not improve the font sizes on Text, and e-mail Im taking mine back for something else!!!! 

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What kind of message I get on the Driod for the update?
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Jossi402 wrote:

Thanks for the help, I have downloaded this app and then deleted it because of the ad's. Also I would still receive the regular text that comes on the phone. Is there a way to delete the extra apps and only have one?

Thanks

a dialogue box should pop up asking you which program do you want to be the default app: handcent or the messaging app.  if you choose handcent you should start getting only one copy of each text

View solution in original post

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Jossi402 wrote:

Just wondering, if the update does not improve the font sizes on Text, and e-mail Im taking mine back for something else!!!! 

Thanks

there are apps to help you for this. try handcent sms

0 Likes
Jossi402

Thanks for the help, I have downloaded this app and then deleted it because of the ad's. Also I would still receive the regular text that comes on the phone. Is there a way to delete the extra apps and only have one?

Thanks

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Jossi402 wrote:

Thanks

a dialogue box should pop up asking you which program do you want to be the default app: handcent or the messaging app.  if you choose handcent you should start getting only one copy of each text

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3
also go to your settngs in your stock messenger app and uncheck the notifications box at the bottom. uncheck auto retrieval too.
0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3
sorry added more after you check solution
0 Likes
Jossi402

I just now noticed there are several handcent which one is the best for increased font and size?

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Jossi402 wrote:

I just now noticed there are several handcent which one is the best for increased font and size?

of course you download the Handcent SMS, that is the main application. however the others (font packs 1 through 4) are addons for the handcent sms for whatever font type you desire or prefer

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3
sorry, re-read the message. its all preference. i like font package one but thats me.
0 Likes