Web question
vmj1281

I just bought a smart phone. I really only wanted the phone bc of the camera. I thought I could turn off the web service after I set up the phone. I can;t any one have any ideas? My fiancée has another service and she did the same. You can run the phone without the web

0 Likes
Re: Web question
RonAnderson
What is the question? Good luck getting out of a contract without dishing some cash out. Buy the phone outright and don't worry with it. Vzw is coming out with teir web prices.
No you don't need 3g to access the web, you can do it wifi. Good luck with the just a phone plan on a smartphone.
0 Likes
vmj1281

Thanks for your help. I def dont want to get out of the contract I just wanted to get rid of the web service. They sure do lock you into things! 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah....they give you the phone cheap because they are going to get 29.99/month for 2 years. they don't even let you buy a smart phone without the data plan. if you are within 30 days of when you got it then you can return it, cancel the plan, and just get a different phone. they have what's called "media phones" that only require 9.99/month data plans and have pretty nice cams (i had an envy touch...3 megapixel camera...pretty nice pics and video for a phone). and they are even doing away with the 9.99 plan requirement on the media phones...just not sure if they have yet? but you can't get a smartphone w/o the $30 data plan.

0 Likes
immobile2
All answers are good / right. I've had every model in the enV family, acually most LG's for that matter...
ANYWAYS, even though all I've had are Smartphones lately; Droid X right now is the one.
The reason I mentioned I have the Droid X is because it has an 8MP camera recording in HD, which needless to say is pretty awsome and like azsaluki (sorry, upper case) said, the enV Touch, which I also had has got to be the best camera phone !
The still's are good & the video that records in VGA has got to be the best available. As good as a dedicated recorder (as well as the DX records). Bottom line, is if your still in the market, the Touch is the one. Plus its a Dumbphone not having to worry about the monthly $30.00 Data plan.
Good luck !
0 Likes