Swype and the Incredible?
alycheer09

I received my new Droid Incredible today and I downloaded the Swype app because I've heard it is a good one. But, I don't know how to use it in texting? i am only able to do the game and internet challenge stuff. Help please :smileyhappy: This would be greatly helpful!

0 Likes
Re: Swype and the Incredible?
budone
Legend

Go to Swype.com to get video tutorials. I thought the beta download was closed right now.

0 Likes
alycheer09

Yea, its saying it is. I didn't know which one it was. I'm new to all of this, lol. Are there any apps that you recommend?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Ar you having problems getting the Swype keyboard to pop up? If so, make sure that Swype is checked under settings>language & keyboard, then long press any text field, select input method, Swype.
0 Likes
alycheer09

Swype is not showing up there, the options it's showing are- QWERTY, Phone keypad, and Compact QWERTY

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
After you install it, you have to enable it in your settings menu, then select it. If you haven't installed it, then you don't have it. There used to be an app in the market called shapewriter that is similar, but I don't know if it's available anymore.
0 Likes
stefanirae

can you please tell me where you downloaded the swype keyboard....my trial period ended and i can't find another place to download this and it was my favorite part of my phone...thanks in advance!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
I signed up at swype.beta.com. They send out an email when a new version is released. But there usually are some downloads floating around out there in the internets.
0 Likes
stefanirae

The beta is closed so if anyone knows how to get the new apk i would really really appreciate it, I wish they would just sell it already in the market, i'd be more than willing to pay for it.

0 Likes