Stock Market App/Widget
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

Greetings, I just came from an HTC Droid Incredible and now am on the Motorola Droid Razr.

Apparently (I havent searched fully yet) this doesnt come with a built in stock app so I'm having to search thru the Market for decent Stock widgets.

My main issue is the Dow Jones Industrial Average.  I cannot get any widget to display the proper price.  Every stock app I have right now (about 3 or 4) keeps saying 0.00   0% change, blah blah blah

NOTHING

Every other quote I feed into the application gets me the proper readings, yes i understand its past closing (market) but why should that matter? My Droid Incredible had an awesome built in Stock Applications, even if after market closings I could still update it and it will give me the proper value ~ 11,900 or something

So please, before i go insane, can anyone give me a name of a good (free) stock market app that has a widget (small) that I can put into the droid razr.

I only care about 3 tickers: FRSLX; WMT; and DJIA

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Stock Market App/Widget
AZSALUKI
Legend

this one "was" real nice, but it looks like it is also having issues with the DOW:

https://market.android.com/details?id=nitezh.ministock&hl=en

you could try it out though, as it has a nice widget (most of the stock market apps don't have useful widgets. the one on your incredible was part of htc's Sense UI.....the best UI out there, in my opinion).

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

yahoo finance works fairly well - this is the only reason why I have a yahoo account anymore.

0 Likes
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

well I still cant find a decent widget but for now i'm settling with Yahoo Finance.  Thank you both :smileyhappy:

PS. Tried both options here

0 Likes