Sorting Bookmarks in Bookmarks widget
GlassOnion

I haven't found anything for this in the forums, so maybe someone can help.

I have the Droid Incredible (LOVE it, thank you!) and added the HTC Bookmarks widget to one of my home screens.  I want to have the bookmarks sorted by name, but it will only sort them by newest (last added), in desending order.  It doesn't matter if I set the widget with the thumbnail view or listing view, I can't find a way to change the sort.  Maybe it can't be done.

Don't confuse this with sorting the bookmarks in the Internet app.  Those can be sorted by Newest, Moslty used, or Alphabetical.  With the browser open, press Menu, Bookmarks, then Menu, Sort by.  This works well, but I would like to quickly find a bookmark using the widget on the home acreen and like seeing them in alpha order.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sorting Bookmarks in Bookmarks widget
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

I have researched your issue to see if there was a way to arrange them in alphabetical order, but unfortunately there is no option to do so. It will only arrange them from newest to least visited.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

I have researched your issue to see if there was a way to arrange them in alphabetical order, but unfortunately there is no option to do so. It will only arrange them from newest to least visited.

0 Likes
vwdriver67

I found what you needed download an app called bookmark sort & backup (free) once you set that up and you have your bookmarks in the order that you want add the widget again and youll find that they are still in the order that you set up in the bookmark sort & backup app .

0 Likes