Slacker vs. Pandora Internet Radio for Droid?
M_R_L
Contributor - Level 1

I am considering these 2 Internet radios for use on the Droid. Anyone have any real experience with either one on the Droid or on a PC to recommend or not recommend.  I will probably also use one or the other on my PC. It seems that both have a free service as well as a paid service. Pandora is $36 a year for no ads and no limit.  Slacker is $48 a year for no ads.

0 Likes
Re: Slacker vs. Pandora Internet Radio for Droid?
cooled209
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've used Pandora for the past 3 years on my PC, and recently on the Droid.  It performs well on either one.  All of my friends use Pandora, I'd go with that one.

0 Likes
M_R_L
Contributor - Level 1

I signed up for the free Pandora and am using it on my PC.  I will probably try it on the Droid but I am concerned about how fast the battery will deplete. Any experience with the battery while using Pandora?

0 Likes
lizardbiker

I've used the free Pandora on my home computer for years, and added it to my new Droid with no problems. All the "stations" that I set up on my home computer are available on my Droid. I use the free version - the ads are not a distraction at all.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

M_R_L wrote:

I signed up for the free Pandora and am using it on my PC.  I will probably try it on the Droid but I am concerned about how fast the battery will deplete. Any experience with the battery while using Pandora?

Hard to say.  I have to recharge every night no matter what.  I play with my phone a lot so it is to be expected.  I could do some things to make it better.  But my wife says that on her Blackberry Curve 8530 Pandora doesn't deplete the battery very much at all.  On the droid there is an easy way to find out.  Run it for a while and see if It shows up on your power usage profile.  I keep a Pandora widget on my home screen on and paused all the time and I turn it on when I feel like it and it doesn't even show up in the power usage display. 

I haven't used Slacker radio nor have I used the Google Listen App which apparently does the same thing.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I vote Pandora. Just my two cents.

0 Likes
M_R_L
Contributor - Level 1

OK Pandora wins especially since I installed it on my PC and I LOVE IT! Downloaded the app for the Droid. Really nice! In fact I plan to go with the $36 a year subscription so I am not limited to 40 hours a month (and no ads)!

The Droid sound is really OK. I am surprised and I am listing to some classical compositions. Now if only I can find the docking station I would have a really neat device. I noticed on EBay that docking stations are going for almost TWICE the retail price for buy-it-now.

0 Likes