RIngtone and Messaging question
metcalf5

Ok, please excuse my ignorance, this is the first smartphone i have had  :smileyhappy:   Is get it now avaiable on the droid, or how do you get ringtones?

I also have a couple of messaging questions.  If someone sends me a txt with a pic that i want to save, how do i save that pic to my gallery?   

I got this phone yesterday, but the salesman had no idea how to use it, and we didn't get a user guide with it, just the quick start guide.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: RIngtone and Messaging question
bgriffiths

you can get a program like RingDroid to turn any mp3 into a ringtone: http://www.androidtapp.com/ringdroid/

i *think* you can long press on the image to get a save dialog. i dodn't have a one to test with, so you're going to have to try it. long-pressing in android is a common way to perform various actions.. try it when you're not sure.

0 Likes
EricSeipel

Ok second attempt... :smileyhappy:

I learned today that you cant supply un authorized links.  Soo.

google search "motorola droid user manual and verizon launch package" and you should find the FULL long user manual for the droid. Hope that helps.

0 Likes
fenderman15

My first smartphone, too.  Bought a couple of ringtones direct from Verizon store, got them via email to the Droid, but have no idea how to save/transfer them to make them actual ringtones.

Completely agree with the comment that the lack of manual or even an online tutorial is ridiculous.

0 Likes
Axis

[edit]

I can only please one person each day.
Today is not your day.
Tomorrow doesn't look good either.

0 Likes