Preceeding msg modified, Media objects were removed
head2077

I was texting with a friend and i keep getting additional error texts saying "preceeding msg modified, Media objects were removed" after everyone i send. It only has happened with this one person who is also a verizon customer. Can anyone tell me why?

Also how can i delete the saved text history even after i delete the thread. It still shows under the contact, swipe to the right and there is the whole conversation.

0 Likes
Re: Preceeding msg modified, Media objects were removed
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

head2077 wrote:

I was texting with a friend and i keep getting additional error texts saying "preceeding msg modified, Media objects were removed" after everyone i send. It only has happened with this one person who is also a verizon customer. Can anyone tell me why?

Also how can i delete the saved text history even after i delete the thread. It still shows under the contact, swipe to the right and there is the whole conversation.

Hi.  I understand that you have questions regarding the error messages you are receiving when you send text messages.  I will be happy to look into it.  What type of media objects are you attaching to the text message?   Is this a picture message? 

Please let me know if you have any other questions :smileywink:

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Preceeding msg modified, Media objects were removed
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
If your text is longer than 160 characters, the messaging app is probably splitting it and turning it into a mms. Obviously, there is no "media", so it gives you that notification. As for old texts, you can clear your cache under manage apps in the settings menu. Just click the app, then clear cache.
0 Likes