Re: Please stop blocking Google Wallet from Play Store in order to make money off us in the future with ISIS!
basschica
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I hadn't seen that.  Interesting how the precedent is/was playing out on that.  It looks like it's slightly divided.  As I see it, most class action stuff is useless to the people affected by it since the money goes to lawyers for the most part.  So, for monetary compensation, it's a complete waste of time.  In the case of something like Verizon and the capped data plans and how that played out, something like that can actually benefit the consumer (them having to allow tethering apps to be available in the Google Play store etc).  I think that's where it makes sense in a case like this.  Sure, they are allowing Google Wallet to be in the market/installed, but they are blocking its ability to work and saying it's not secure, when the competing product isis does EXACTLY the same thing.  That's anti-competitive by far.... and btw isis "is" crap as far as I can see.  I almost wonder if FTC or state attorney generals are a better route.  Anyone with legal expertise know?

0 Likes
Re: Please stop blocking Google Wallet from Play Store in order to make money off us in the future with ISIS!
Not applicable

I am thinking the Sherman Antitrust Act comes to mind.

In reference to that no class action ruling, I believe it does not necessarily stop certain class actions. I think Verizon Wireless is in the middle of four of them right now in federal courts in regards to the NSA snooping. There are more then Verizon in the suit.

Remember its the dollar amounts that cripple the corporations, they may be small in that all Verizon and others do is raise a fee or some such rot, they end up with big bucks in the beginning and tbey lose a hundred millon or so, but they made more money from you then what they pay back. And they raise prices to make that back and then some.

totally not worth the effort. The fines have to be all that they made, plus interest, and penalty and also pay the class their money. When it no longer is worth their while to scam the customer base, thast is when service will be ok.

0 Likes