Picasa Web Album sync not working...need help.
Eleven
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do not have the option to sync Picasa with my gallery.  I thought this was going to be an option in the 2.1 update.  I have checked under the "Accounts & sync" option in Settings and it's not there.  I clicked on my gmail account in the "manage accounts" section and only have options to sync Contacts, Gmail, and Calendar.  Has anyone been able to get their Picasa Albums to show up in ther gallery?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Picasa Web Album sync not working...need help.
Eleven
Enthusiast - Level 3

It appears what I have been reading around the forums is correct.  If you set up a Picasa account AFTER setting up the Google account on the phone the first time, then the Picasa Syncing feature doesn't appear in the Accounts and sync section of the settings..  Although it was somewhat of a pain, I did the Factory Reset in the privacy settings.  Recativated the phone (but had to call verizon to help manually do it, as it would not reactivate itself the automated way) and now the Syncing option appears.  It is well worth the inconvenience. Feature works great. Full albums from my Picasa Web Albums show up in tier own folders in the Gallery. It also semms the phone ona whole is working even better now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
melchizedek_1

same trouble, I just set up a picasa account to try this, but can't figure it out.  I seem to remember having a picasa app before, but if so it is no longer anywhere to be found.

0 Likes
Eleven
Enthusiast - Level 3

It appears what I have been reading around the forums is correct.  If you set up a Picasa account AFTER setting up the Google account on the phone the first time, then the Picasa Syncing feature doesn't appear in the Accounts and sync section of the settings..  Although it was somewhat of a pain, I did the Factory Reset in the privacy settings.  Recativated the phone (but had to call verizon to help manually do it, as it would not reactivate itself the automated way) and now the Syncing option appears.  It is well worth the inconvenience. Feature works great. Full albums from my Picasa Web Albums show up in tier own folders in the Gallery. It also semms the phone ona whole is working even better now.

0 Likes