Overdrive App not working with Kindle app since update
123tiger123

I have downloaded library books using the Overdrive app, it checks out books from the library and then puts them on a Kindle app to download to my phone. Since the update I can check a book out using Overdrive, but it never makes it to my Kindle app (Amazon.com account). Amazon people have no idea why. Has anyone else had a problems with this since the software update?

And one other thing............my ringtones for phone calls are fine, but the text alerts are so quiet I can hardly hear them. And I have the volume set up as far as it will go. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Overdrive App not working with Kindle app since update
123tiger123

I can delete the app, but I have one book already downloaded that I haven't finished and still have a week to read. And I also have 5 books that I am on a waiting list for so I would be bumped back to the last if I deleted and reinstalled the app.

Any other suggestions?

ETA: this app worked really well until recently which makes me think the update had something to do with it.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

More information could be helpful, what phone?  Was it an app update or a phone update that you think caused the issue?  Do you have any way to see if they make it to your Amazon account on the website?

0 Likes
123tiger123

I have a Droid Razr and the update was the last Verizon software update (ICS?) that downloaded automatically to my phone. Several things have changed on my phone but the only app I am having problems with is the Overdrive app.  The other problem with the ringtone volume seemed to resolve itself.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Only thing I can suggest would be to uninstall and re-install the apps and see if that helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello 123tiger123,
I'm glad the your ringtone concern has been resolved! Demmo86rt provided a great troubleshooting step.  I understand your desire to not uninstall the application, but that would be my suggestion as well.  If you continue to have trouble please reach out to the developer for further assistance.  Thank you!

TominqueB_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes