Outlook sync with Droid 3
agsimpkins

I am unable to get my Outlook to sync with my new Droid 3.  I've spent the last 3 hours looking thru internet search, Vz support, Microsoft support and Motorola support.  I have a friend who uses a $50 app for this, is there anything else?  I love the phone so far but I have to delete messages, update contacts and my calender once on my Outlook and again on my phone.  I had a Blackberry before this.  Love the Android features but really miss the sync with my Blackberry.  HELP!!  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Outlook sync with Droid 3
Wildman
Legend

There is not a easy method to sync all Outlook data with Android without a 3rd party app but depending on the account you can simply set the account up in the device through the email client and it will retrieve the emails the same way as Outlook does but this only does emails.

CompanionLink is probally the one that your friend use and this is the easiest method but you can try .Google Calendar Sync

Another method that I have heard of some setting up the account through Google website to check and recieve data from the account you want..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

There is not a easy method to sync all Outlook data with Android without a 3rd party app but depending on the account you can simply set the account up in the device through the email client and it will retrieve the emails the same way as Outlook does but this only does emails.

CompanionLink is probally the one that your friend use and this is the easiest method but you can try .Google Calendar Sync

Another method that I have heard of some setting up the account through Google website to check and recieve data from the account you want..

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

agsimpkins, I hate to hear your having issues with syncing your contacts to facebook. Please let us know if you were able to sync your facebook contacts with your phone contacts. If your still experiencing issues, I wanted to provide some assistance. I understand the convenience of having all your contacts in one space. It makes contacting everyone much easier. Listed below are steps to sync your contacts.

1. Uninstall Facebook

2. Go to settings, select accounts
3. Select add account at bottom of screen
4. Select facebook, and follow prompts from here to add account.

5. Sign into your Facebook account as normal and press next to sync.

0 Likes
agsimpkins

K, I'm afraid you misunderstood my request.  Please reread, I'm wanting to sync Microsoft Outlook with my Droid 3, not Facebook.  Thanks.

0 Likes