NFL Mobile
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

anyone else not able to launch NFL Mobile app?  I downloaded it via the Android market, and when attempting to launch it, it get an error message stating that the app is only available to active Verizon customers.

i then downloaded it via the VCAST app store, and it immediately wanted me to update the app via the android market - and once again, got the same error message.

I just got my phone (Samsung Charge) on 9/1...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NFL Mobile
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

try calling tech support to open a ticket for you, as I'm not sure why the app started working all of a sudden.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

head to a verizon store because it doesn't look like a common problem. in fact, when i googled it, the only other person i found that has the same problem was you on another forum....lol. i've seen other issues with the app, but they were rooted devices that were having the problem.

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

yeah, I did my google search and yielded nothing.  my next step is to go into a VZW store....

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you to the community for the information provided. 

jco23, thank you for inquiring about the application. That is personally one of my favorite applications too. Has this issue been resolved? Try clearing the data in both the Market and the Download Manager. Go to Apps > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Select All > Scroll down to Download Manager and Clear Data > Scroll Down to Market and Clear Data > Power off device > Remove the battery for ten seconds > Place back in and power on. Once you are done with these steps try to download the application again.

Thank you. 

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

thanks Lena, but that did not work either (interesting how nobody else in tech support offered that route for a solution)... this is getting very frustrating...

0 Likes
Not applicable

I looked into this issue deeper, and found out that it may be a block either on your account or in the switch that is preventing the application from working properly.  Can you PM me with your phone number, or if you ended up going to the store, etc., can you post an update? This may help someone in the future who could run into an issue.  If there is any VCast Video blocks, it will prevent the application from working.  I look forward to seeing some results.

Thanks a lot,

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

finally got it working - not sure if the new Android Market solved it or the tech team worked something out on my account (if so, thanks Mike!).

0 Likes
cking10
This is happening to me as well. I followed the suggestions on this thread but I still receive the error message "for active Verizon customers only...". Ive been one for 12 years! I checked my account and there are no "blocks". Help!
0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

try calling tech support to open a ticket for you, as I'm not sure why the app started working all of a sudden.

0 Likes