Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Music App Problem
adiron2hike

I have the droid running 2.2.  I have Google Maps, Audible, and XM Radio.  I use the Bose in ear buds that work well under my motorcycle helmet.  One would think I am all set for a trip on my Harley.  Trouble is, I also have the Music app built into the OS.  Whenever I plug in the earbuds, Music takes over.  I can start up Google Maps for directions in my ear.  Within a few minutes, Music comes on.  Every few minutes, the music pauses and then starts up again.  And everytime it comes back from a pause, it defaults to Party Shuffle. If I turn Party Shuffle off, it comes back after the next pause.  The same thing happens if I try to listen to Audible or XM. After a pause, Music starts up.  I would appreciate any thoughts or assistance. 

0 Likes
Re: Music App Problem
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor

This is a system error in the phone. Once you perform a factory reset it should resolve the problem. The steps are listed below:

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Right Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)

0 Likes
Re: Music App Problem
RonAnderson
Shouldve got shure earbuds
0 Likes