In Case you hadn't heard --- KINDLE APP FOR ANDROID NOW IN MARKET
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

That's right.  If you haven't already heard seen or downloaded it, the official Kindle App for Android is now available.  I have it now and I synced it already and woah.  cool.  Just glad to have it.  With this I can activate on my wife's account and we can share her books and she has my Kobo account on her blackberry.  So we now only have to buy books once.  I am sooooo  Happy.  Now for Barnes and Noble and all my bases are covered. 

So far I am loving Aldiko for free books they seem to have a broader selection of public domain material than anyone else at least in a useable format.

I love Kobo because it is a fairly well rounded market and soon to expand from what I understand with the agreements with Borders in place.  I tend to like open source and platforms that don't lock me in to using one company's device to use all my media.  I prefered to use my phones as MP3 Players instead of getting an iPod and I prefer ePub to kindle format because it is available on more devices, even if it apparently means that for some of the less popular technical material I like to read sometimes I have to wait a little longer or specially request it.  Just about anything else is available. 

Kindle App, because my wife has a Kindle and has bought several books that I want to read but feel **bleep** buying again since she already bought it.  I don't like removing DRM's so until Kindle switches to ePub or one of the ePub readers supports Kindle as well what is it azw format.  I forget.  Then this app is a necessity.  Anyway, just thought I would announce it since I don't see a thread for it yet. 

0 Likes
Re: In Case you hadn't heard --- KINDLE APP FOR ANDROID NOW IN MARKET
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

We do appreciate you posting this information. It can be very helpful to other users. I might need to go and check it out! Thanks again:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: In Case you hadn't heard --- KINDLE APP FOR ANDROID NOW IN MARKET
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

No problem.  I figured this would get more fanfare than this.  I have been waiting for the barnes and noble app as well.  I can't understand what is taking so long since the Nook runs Android and it is essentially an app that is on it that allows you to read why not just release it on the market.  It would make a lot of people happy.  I love Kobo myself but B&N has some stuff you can't get on Kobo. 

Lots of good reading apps now on Android B&N is the only biggy still waiting I think. 

0 Likes