How to get GSM messaging app to work on Verizon phones?
moonth
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi there, I'm an Australian app maker and have recently released an Android text messaging app. Many of our customers (or would-be customers) are reporting that they are unable to install our app onto their Verizon phones. I have been told this could be due to the fact Verizon phones (particularly Samsungs) 'tweak' the software, or the GSM functions on the phone.

Does anyone (maybe from Verizon) know how to get around this issue? Is there something we need to include in the code to allow our app to function on Verizon phones?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Dan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to get GSM messaging app to work on Verizon phones?
Not applicable

This is not going to work. Verizon Wireless is a CDMA cell service. Only T-Mobile & AT&T have GSM.

Design a CDMA app have it approved and after its on the Google and Apple Stores then Verizon & Sprint users will be able to use it.

That's the way it is....Good Luck

View solution in original post

Not applicable

This is not going to work. Verizon Wireless is a CDMA cell service. Only T-Mobile & AT&T have GSM.

Design a CDMA app have it approved and after its on the Google and Apple Stores then Verizon & Sprint users will be able to use it.

That's the way it is....Good Luck

Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Where is your app located at I will give it a try and see what I can find out. It is located at any marketplace? Also what is the name of it? I have done trouble shooting on computers all the time programs, Be happy to trouble shoot an app on a phone.