Google Sky frozen
steve4810

Google Sky 1.5.1 worked fine on my Driod with 2.1  but now it is frozen showing at the south pole centered in the display. Powered down relaunched and removed the battery more than 3 times with no change. BTW an app called GPS Anywhere that displays a compass rose continues to work fine, that is it acurately points to north no matter how much I move the phone. Where as Google Sky just shows the south pole and doesn't move.

Perhaps there is a setting I'm not seeing that got changed on Sky?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google Sky frozen
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

Have you tried unintstalling and reinstalling Google Sky?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
steve4810

Of course as soon as I post and try Sky again it now isn't frozen.  That is you can move it by touch but it still doesn't respond to motion of the phone as the compass app still does.

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

If you touch the screen while Google Sky is running you will see menu pop up. Click pointer finger icon to toggle between motion and using your finger.

0 Likes
steve4810

It's always the simplest things!

Iceman1906 wrote:

Thanks!

0 Likes
steve4810

Iceman1906 wrote:

If you touch the screen while Google Sky is running you will see menu pop up. Click pointer finger icon to toggle between motion and using your finger.

Now that it is working I see this but before the re-install it showed the compass icon and touching it wouldn't change it.

0 Likes