Goggles Translate App
RAYMON
Enthusiast - Level 1

The directions say to photograph any  text and Goggles Translate will then display the translated text in your selected language.

I activate Goggles Translate, and photograph a text sample - and then get no response at all. Any instructions on how the work with this app will be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Goggles Translate App
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

Sounds like it could be a problem with your auto focus. Do you get the 4 green bars before you capture the photo?

0 Likes
RAYMON
Enthusiast - Level 1

NO.   And the screen display is the Google Translate with a field "Input text in:English. The icon title is Google Tran.  Artwork is a large blue A with a red and green design on white.  

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

Sounds like you're describing the google translate icon instead of the google goggles icon.  You need the google goggles. I have provided a link to the application from google. Let me know if this is the application that you downloaded. 

http://www.google.com/mobile/goggles/#text

0 Likes
RAYMON
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 2 Google apps - Goggles (with the blue and red icon) , and Google Translate (with the letter blue A and the red check

mark.).

I am refering to this one - Google Translate with the letter blue A and the red check mark.

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1987492,00.html

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

You have to type your own text into Google translates for it to translate.

An update has been released for Google Goggles. Check the market to make sure you have the updated version.

When you take a picture with Google Goggles, the scanner should move back and forth across the text. If it doesn't detect any words, try again and wait for the autofocus to clear when taking the picture. When the text is identified, Google Goggles will take you to the Google Search browser. Next to your text click translate, select your language to be translated.

0 Likes
RAYMON
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. The method you stated works well. The process in the news article - not good.

0 Likes