Email Notification
rckelly98

My Droid used to notify me of a new email with a symbol at the top of the screen. Now the only way I know that I have a new email is by opening my gmail and hitting the refresh button. Any way to fix this? I checked my settings and nothing has been changed.

0 Likes
Re: Email Notification
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

HI.  I understand that you are no longer receiving email notifications.  I will be happy to assist your further.   It may be an issue with another application stopping the notifications.  Which applications did you download before this started happening?

Waiting on your reply :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

0 Likes
hellorockview
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had this happen quite a few times. I've had numerous people tell me that GTalk needs to be running in order for Gmail to sync. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but make sure you are not killing it just in case.

Some other ways I have seen to fix this problem:

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Menu > Filter > All > Gmail Storage > Clear Data

You can also Clear Data and Clear Cache under Gmail as well (not just storage). Clearing out both the Gmail and Gmail Storage is said to help the sync issue. I've done both before, but I really can't remember if it helped me. It's worked for a lot of other people though.

One way that always works for me is to change the sync duration in Gmail.

Go to Gmail > Menu > Settings > Labels. For me, whenever I change my Inbox to "Sync all," that always gets my sync back. Try changing the settings and see if this helps you.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, gmail can be a little quirky.  Sometimes you won't get notifications and other times items you delete from the phone won't sync to the online account.  Going in and clearing the data under gmail as stated above seems to have fixed the issue when I was having it as it clears everything out and resyncs.

0 Likes
rckelly98

I appreciate your help...I haven't added anything that I can remember...it just randomly stopped working. Are there maybe some settings I should change ???

Also, do you know why I am not able to open any email attachments on my phone? When I try to, it just says " fetching attachment" and  I am never able to view it.

Thanks for your help!!

0 Likes