Droid Eris won't pull app updates automatically (and a couple of other issues). Any ideas?
Ludist210

So I've had my Droid Eris since December 22, and it's a great phone.  But in the past couple of days, it will not pull automatic updates from the Market.  I've double-checked my settings, and my phone is set to let me know when updates are available.  Right now, both Abduction! and Advanced Task Killer FREE have updates available, but my phone didn't tell me that...I had to go into the Market and check My Downloads to figure this out.  Does the phone usually send out updates instantaneously or does it only send them out once a day?

Also, two other issues: sometimes, my G-Mail is really slow to let me know when I have an e-mail.  This has only started happening in the past couple of days.

Lastly, this seems to be an Eris issue, so this may be something I need to take up with HTC.  In any contacts I have linked from Facebook, the phone pulls their birthdays wrong.  For example: my wife's birthday is January 26, but my phone thinks that it is on January 25.  It happens with every one of my linked contacts.

Would a Factory Reset fix the phone?

0 Likes
Re: Droid Eris won't pull app updates automatically (and a couple of other issues). Any ideas?
Ludist210

Well, I removed **bleep**Droid (the last program that pulled an update) and as it was uninstalling, I got the notification that two apps needed updating.  So maybe the update from that was the issues.  Gmail was probably a network issue...but still, the birthdays thing is just annoying.

0 Likes