Droid Eris cant download apps
thecenta26

I just got a Droid Eris and whenever I try to download apps I always get the 'Download Unsuccessful - Please Try Again' message. Anyone know how I can fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Droid Eris cant download apps
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
I think I'd start by dialing *611. Actually, if I remember correctly, you have to activate a google account from the phone before you can download anything from the market. Maybe someone else will chime in here, but it seems to me I had to do that first on my Eris.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Dangerous_Dave wrote:
I think I'd start by dialing *611. Actually, if I remember correctly, you have to activate a google account from the phone before you can download anything from the market. Maybe someone else will chime in here, but it seems to me I had to do that first on my Eris.

When I first turned on my phone I was required to have a google account.So that is a must have on the android phones. Do get a google account first. Sometimes I'll have trouble downloading apps. It'll state unsuccessfully. So I just simply power off the phone, take out the battery. Put it back in and power device back up. Then it starts to download

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
That just means the connection was successfull. I get it sometimes. Just retry it. You don't have to reboot your phone for that. You are on a roaming network. Connection issues happen, or hopping from cell tower to cell tower doesn't work right all the time. No worries. Try again.
0 Likes