Droid 2.2 questions/issues
jcl3002

I installed 2.2 a few weeks ago and have 3 particular (irritating?) issues. First - The car mode overlay when you touch the power button. Bad design, interferes with answering a call and otherwise just plain irritating? Is there a way to shut it off? Can't seem to find it. Second - The calendar - when you want to add a new item to your calendar you have to hit MORE on the subscreen. Idiotic design - yet you take up room oon the subscreen with AGENDA. WHY??? Last issue is the MUSIC app that is standard with DROID. You can't shut it off. You can pause it but there is no way to stop it. I use ATK but that won't stop it either. I have to go into services to shut it down. Have I missed something?

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2.2 questions/issues
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
It might be running, but it doesn't mean you are using any system resources.
0 Likes
Re: Droid 2.2 questions/issues
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

Hello jcl3002, I understand the frustration you are having with your device and I will be happy to provide you with information to assess the issue. Since you've had the update and now are experiencing issues with the Droid, you will want to try doing a hard reset on your device which will reset the phone back to factory settings. You will want to store all your information on your SD Card and you will have to redownload any applications that were downloaded on your device. Here are the steps to a hard reset:

1. Turn off the Droid. If you are unable to turn off the Droid, remove the battery for 10 seconds, then replace it.
  2. Open the physical keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding the Power Button. The device will turn on, keep holding these two buttons until a yellow triangle appears.
  3. Press the Volume Up and then the Camera button at the same time to get a menu to come up. You may have to press them more then once.
  4. You have now entered Recovery Mode.
  5. Use the Directional Pad on the Physical Keyboard to select the Format option.
0 Likes