Re: Does using Google Voice use minutes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1

There are some weird things that get *bleeped*

0 Likes
Re: Keeping same Number
zsalesrep

@Nash

Feel free to go into your local verizon wireless store and have the sales rep activate the phone for you.  The balance will automatically transfer and you'll have the same number!

0 Likes
jgorton1234

If you don't have friends and family it's not free.

It will cost you minutes.

You have to add the number to your f&f.

Then to make outgoing calls you have to call your google voice # and call out from there.  Bit of a hassle.

I like the google voice features though.

0 Likes
RonAnderson
I called myself stu.......pid. and called workers more ron's. And those got bleeped.
0 Likes
JerryHam

If you want to use GV to save minutes you can setup GV to work with Google Chat and access it through Gmail on your computer. I recently paired a cheapy BT headset with my notebook. When I get a call from, oh say my brother in law, I answer it on the cell and while talking I turn on the BT headset that is paired to the computer, then when it connects, hit * on the cell and the computer "rings". I pick it up there and hang up on the cell. Not using minutes anymore and the caller never even notices. Want to get up and walk out of BT range? Hit * on the dial pad on the computer and the cell rings. Pick up on that, hang up on the computer and walk away with the cell - but you are back to using minutes.

0 Likes
KnDMAMA

Thank you Jerryham You helped me with my GV & my cell minutes

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Going throgh all these steps to make a call just seems a bit much...  Expecially when I can just pick up the phone and dial.

0 Likes