DROID RAZR Music App
dcpacheco

I just got my DROID RAZR two days ago. I attempted to sync it with my PC and everything seemed to go fine.

Now I cannot launch the MUSIC app. Everything I try it I get the message:

The application Music (process.com.motorola.music) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

How can I get this resolved?

- David

0 Likes
Re: DROID RAZR Music App
jnewman

I am having the same problem,  have you tried different thing to resolve this?  I will try a few things to fix this and repost if anything.  My speakers are sounding high pitch and twangy as well

0 Likes
jnewman

What I did was got rid of adv. task killer and killed motocast in the stock task killer and prevented startup.  Reset the phone and after a while it worked, not the first time but maybe the third time i opened the music app it worked, at least for now.  When I opened the music app in the upper right corner is the motocast sync symbol, I oped that and unchecked my desktop.

0 Likes
jchop09

The problem you're having is a bug within Motocast.  Once you sync your phone with a computer using Motocast it is linked with that computer, since it doesn't actually download any of the media to the device once you start the Music program it attempts to relink with the original computer to allow the streaming/playing of the songs you sync'd. 

If you turn on your wifi (not clear if wifi is required), and turn on motocast on the original computer you can then reopen the Music app without difficulty.  Then simply remove all folders (via the motocast application on your computer) that normally would sync via that computer.

Once you have finished removing the existance of folders/songs to sync to the phone, the Music app will bypass the Motocast startup process and ignore the empty Motocast slots and will no longer crash everytime you attempt to open it.  Certainly beats resetting your phone.

0 Likes
efella78

So you're telling me the only way to use my music player without error is to disable MotoCast?  MotoCast was a big selling point for the Razr.  Why isn't Verizon chiming in with a guaranteed solution?

0 Likes
darkerd

same problem: MediaSync (process.motorola.mediasync etc.)  "stopped unexpectedly." Every time.  Now I can't even connect my phone to the computer in any way other than straightr uSB storage mode.

0 Likes
coachken

My music only says (processcom.motorola.music) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.  I worked fine yesterday.

0 Likes