DELETE YOUTUBE
MikeyJ

I want to delete the YouTube app.  I've tried dragging it to the application drawer, it turns red, but all that happens is the icon moves to the bottom of the screen. I've also tried using the settings/applications/manage applications but YouTube does not appear on the list. I would appreciate the help.

0 Likes
Re: DELETE YOUTUBE
M3lton
Contributor - Level 1

Download an App Uninstaller. That should help.

Just search the Market for Uninstaller.

Run the app and select YouTube. It will ask you if youwant to uninstall it, just say yes.

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

Since YouTube is a pre-installed app (part of the ROM image) you will not be able to physically uninstall it. 

0 Likes
M3lton
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, logicman is right. I just checked to see if I could uninstall it and you can't.

But if you remove it from whatever home screen it's on at least it will be out of your way.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

logicman wrote:

Since YouTube is a pre-installed app (part of the ROM image) you will not be able to physically uninstall it. 

Correct!!  You can not remove any pre-installed apps.

0 Likes
Gulfstream

You can delete the YouTube application but you will have to have root access of your phone.

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

Hey MikeyJ, there is no way to remove pre-installed applications from your droid device. If you try going into the root, this could void the warranty and/or render the device inoperable.

0 Likes