Can't find/connect to Wi-Fi networks
prcGTI
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having issues with my Incredible maintaining Wi-Fi "on" and connecting to a Wi-Fi network. If I turn on Wi-Fi (Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi) or using Curvefish app it will only stay on for about 10 seconds and I get the Unable to scan for networks message pop-up about 3 or 4 times and then Wi-Fi shuts off.

I tried manually adding my Wi-Fi network and it won't save so I can test that either. I also already tried a battery pull reset to see if that fixed the problem....nope, still have the issue. Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't find/connect to Wi-Fi networks
prcGTI
Enthusiast - Level 2

Went to the VZW store yesterday and the CSR that helped me did a factory reset which resolved the WiFi issue, it was not HW related.  The CSR said that he figured the WiFi issue happend due to one of the apps I installed which resulted in some sort of SW conflict causing the problem.

So if anyone else runs across this issue do a Factoy Reset (pg 201 of the Incredible User Guide).  Yes, this will erase all of your settings, installed apps, etc. but it enabled my WiFi and solved my problem.

Performing a factory reset via settings
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings.
Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings.
Scroll down the screen, and then tap Privacy > Factory data reset.
On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

prcGTI wrote:

I'm having issues with my Incredible maintaining Wi-Fi "on" and connecting to a Wi-Fi network. If I turn on Wi-Fi (Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi) or using Curvefish app it will only stay on for about 10 seconds and I get the Unable to scan for networks message pop-up about 3 or 4 times and then Wi-Fi shuts off.

I tried manually adding my Wi-Fi network and it won't save so I can test that either. I also already tried a battery pull reset to see if that fixed the problem....nope, still have the issue. Any ideas?

sounds like a bad phone. do you know anyone else with the same phone who is experiencing the same problems?

i would exchange it for another.

0 Likes
prcGTI
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, I am starting to think it's a HW issue b/c I've tried everything I can think of to resolve it.  I'm going into the VZW store on Friday to have them test and confirm the issue so I may be looking at a phone exchange  :smileysad:

Not a great way to impress me with what is otherwise an impressive phone.

0 Likes
prcGTI
Enthusiast - Level 2

Went to the VZW store yesterday and the CSR that helped me did a factory reset which resolved the WiFi issue, it was not HW related.  The CSR said that he figured the WiFi issue happend due to one of the apps I installed which resulted in some sort of SW conflict causing the problem.

So if anyone else runs across this issue do a Factoy Reset (pg 201 of the Incredible User Guide).  Yes, this will erase all of your settings, installed apps, etc. but it enabled my WiFi and solved my problem.

Performing a factory reset via settings
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings.
Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings.
Scroll down the screen, and then tap Privacy > Factory data reset.
On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.

0 Likes