Can navigation automatically take to you street view as you approach your destination?
daretoomnia
Contributor - Level 1

I know you can touch the "bubble" on the destination and go through some steps to access street view, but I'm very sure I saw a demonstration video way back when on youtube before the launch of the Droid, demonstrating the new Google Navigation Beta, and I remember the guy saying it takes you to street view as you approach your destination. 

Anyone know if this can be done to set it somehow to automatically take you to street view as you approach your destination without having to click on things and go to settings to do it while you are driving?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Can navigation automatically take to you street view as you approach your destination?
ksxox10
Contributor - Level 2

daretoomnia wrote:

I know you can touch the "bubble" on the destination and go through some steps to access street view, but I'm very sure I saw a demonstration video way back when on youtube before the launch of the Droid, demonstrating the new Google Navigation Beta, and I remember the guy saying it takes you to street view as you approach your destination. 

Anyone know if this can be done to set it somehow to automatically take you to street view as you approach your destination without having to click on things and go to settings to do it while you are driving?  Thanks!

according to this link, it should change. http://www.google.com/mobile/navigation/#p=default

0 Likes
Re: Can navigation automatically take to you street view as you approach your destination?
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

ksxox10 wrote:

daretoomnia wrote:

according to this link, it should change. http://www.google.com/mobile/navigation/#p=default

I knew it would automatically show you street view when you reach your destination (if available), but it looks like a double-tap of the screen will actually get you to street view while navigating.  Cool, I'll have to try that out.  Thanks for the link ksxox10.

0 Likes
daretoomnia
Contributor - Level 1

Street View (watch video). Visualize turns overlaid on Google's Street View imagery. Navigation automatically switches to Street View as you approach your destination.

(Above from the link listed on the last reply.)...thanks....I guess it's just not available in the current beta version, but will be in the "real" version when it comes out?  It should be awesome once that comes out!

0 Likes