Broken Alarm Clock
zdogreds

so the native alarm clock on my phone was working just fine for the first year i had it. recently though it randomly stopped and the alarm would pop up on the phone but it wouldnt make any noise or vibrate. So i deleted it and downloaded a different alarm clock app, but then with the last update that came out it must have somehow fixed the old alarm clock and now it goes off every single day but i cant find the app anywhere on my phone to turn it off. Any Ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Broken Alarm Clock
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Look for the clock app in your app tray
0 Likes
budone
Legend

Go the Add button (+sign) from the main screen. Click widgets. Click on Clock HTC. Right arrow two times to get to the original clock and weather. Click Select. You will have the original program that has the alarm clock.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

he's got a moto droid so he'll need to look for whatever the stock widget is for the droid.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

When did they add the phone type back into the profile? I need to look closely at that. Sorry for the misinformation.

0 Likes
zdogreds

lol believe it or not i still not find this thing anywhere on my phone...the app itself is gone but still running

ive looked in the tray

in folders

ive even pulled up the uninstaller and there is no sign of the app in there either

guess im doomed to deal with this alarm every day

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

This seems like a system error in which the device has deleted or un-stalled the application. A factory reset will restore this back to your phone. The steps to performing the reset are listed below:

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Right Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)

0 Likes