Best Keyboard app
msbonita1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not much of a virtual keyboard girl; however, I want to try to get used to using one so I am not always depended on a physical one, thus limiting my choices of smartphones.  Is there a great keyboard app on the market, that you would suggest?

0 Likes
Re: Best Keyboard app
anchor328

Swype if you can get it. It allows you very fast typing with just 1 finger. Hands down this is the best. Let me post a video so you can see it work. http://swypeinc.com/tips-tricks.html  there are a number of videos that shows you how this works.

0 Likes
msbonita1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Where do you get swype from?  I tried looking for it in the market and I couldn't find it.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

msbonita1 wrote:

Where do you get swype from?  I tried looking for it in the market and I couldn't find it.

I got this from an article....so hope it works for you. 

If you're a Droid User (or Nexus One user) eager to give Swype for Android,the purported nifty keyboard replacement, a try, there's a beta that you can download! The downloadable beta only works with WVGA handsets (hence Droid and Nexus One).So go ahead and give yourself a try!

1. Download and install the Astro file manager from the Android Marketplace
  2. Download this zip file
  3. Unzip that file, which will give you a file called “[mfhs]Swype-SwypeReference-WVGA854-trial-release.0.35.3959.apk”
  4. Copy the APK file to your handset’s SD card
  5. On your Android handset, go to Settings > Applications > and check the box next to Unknown Sources
  6. Use Astro to browse for the apk file on your SD card, install it.
  7. Go to Settings > Language and Keyboard. Enable the Swype keyboard.
  8. You should now be able to switch between the standard keyboard and the Swype keyboard by tapping-and-holding on any text input field.
0 Likes