Backup and Data Migration Questions????
Wildman
Legend

Sorry for the multiple post, posted to fast and placed in wrong post....:smileysurprised:

But anyway:smileyhappy:... I am considering getting the Droid X (Android 2.1) and I will be changing over from a Imagio (WM 6.5) and since I am new to the whole Android OS, I was wondering what is the best way to transfer all my data from the Imagio to the Droid X once I recieve it?  I have looked at a application (Sprite Migration) that seems to make the migration process rather simple that can be found at http://www.spritesoftware.com/products/migrate/how -does-it-work- but I was wondering if anyone has used this application and how well did it work?

Second I was also looking at the Sprite Backup application also for my system backups of device, I used the Windows Mobile version before ojn my Imagio and it worked well but I decided to stay with SPB Backup because I was already use to the program since I have used it for a number of years.... 

Is Sprite Migration and Sprite Backup a quality product to use on a Android device because I want to backup the stock image into a file before I start modifing my device and learning the ins and outs of the unit.

Any feedback would be appreciated

0 Likes
Re: Backup and Data Migration Questions????
Wildman
Legend

OK I am starting to think no one can give me any informtion on Sprite Backup, well can someone inform me of the best way to completely backup a Andoid device and also of a application to migrate my personal information from a Windows device to Android, I have searched and there has been so many apps for this but none that many can agree on.

Any Suggestions?

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Hi.  I understand that you have questions regarding backing up your device and I can certainly help you from here.   When you do get an Android device, your contacts, applications, and calendar will be automatically saved through your Gmail account that you sign into your device with.    You can actually download Google Sync on your current phone now so when you activate your Android, that information will be transferred over.

Click here for more information on Google Sync

http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

Please let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Thank You for your reply but this isnt exactly what I am wanting, I am familar with the Google sync feature but I perfer to be able to backup to a local source, I have enough accounts now and I do not want to create another just to backup information for my device, I use SPB Backup now on my Windows device and I can make a exact image of the device to restore it to exactly before I had device changed or replaced..  I have seen a number of applications that report doing just this but I just was looking for suggestions.

0 Likes
Julian_atSprite

Hi Wildman,

Yes you are correct, Sprite Backup offers a much more complete backup.

We backup everything that can be done without root access.

We are also now on many handsets in ROM, with even more access.  We hope to see more manufacturers, (4 so far, but not Motorola yet) bundle us on their devices (approx 1.2 million devices with us in on Android).

If you already have moved to your new Droid then it's probably too late.  However, Migration is a great solution for moving your data painlessly across to the android device.

I appreciate you used SPB, a fine product on Windows Mobile.  I am sure you are aware of our 18 million Windows mobile sales of Sprite Backup (the other camp Smiley Happy, the majority are actually bundled on devices there also)

We have a strong support staff, so if you have any questions please fire them off to us.

http://spritesoftware.crmdesk.com/

To give you an idea of what Android Backup covers, please read this

http://www.spritesoftware.com/getmedia/0e592ab4-61bb-4f6d-a218-b6df82669a18/Android-Backup-v2.0-User...

Migration is soon coming out as an OTA service, for a carrier or two Smiley Happy

As you have pointed out, contacts sync (like for winmo active sync) is great, but there is a lot more on a device.

Many thanks

Julian@Sprite

0 Likes