Apps randomly disappearing off Moto Droid
Iceshag

Just opened my app drawer to look something up on Engadget, and what do you know, it seems to have disappeared off my phone completely.  This has happened with a few other apps over the last couple days.  Anbody else having this issue? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Apps randomly disappearing off Moto Droid
Wildman
Legend

I never heard of that one, sounds like you better call GhostBuster.:smileyvery-happy:.. Just Playing, but seriously I haven't heard of that happening and I really don't get how it can be possible because the phone doesn't allow you to remove anything without acknowledging the uninstall first.

That's a strange one....:smileysurprised:  Are you using Launcher Pro because it has a option to hide apps from the drawer, Try holding on homescreen and select Shortcut from the list and see if the app shows in the list for shortcuts, if so then the app isn't uninstalled but somehow the shortcut on drawer is hidden or removed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I never heard of that one, sounds like you better call GhostBuster.:smileyvery-happy:.. Just Playing, but seriously I haven't heard of that happening and I really don't get how it can be possible because the phone doesn't allow you to remove anything without acknowledging the uninstall first.

That's a strange one....:smileysurprised:  Are you using Launcher Pro because it has a option to hide apps from the drawer, Try holding on homescreen and select Shortcut from the list and see if the app shows in the list for shortcuts, if so then the app isn't uninstalled but somehow the shortcut on drawer is hidden or removed.

0 Likes
Iceshag

As it happens I am running Launcher Pro and do deploy the app hide feature.  While that isn't what is making them vanish, as I literally am having to redownload and install them from the market, this was actually a pretty insightful solution considering what little info was given, and easily could have been the case, as I am pretty absent minded sometimes.  Hopefully this may save a couple others who, like me, sometimes forget smaller details.  Marking as Solved.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
ADW hides as well... ADW : Android as Launcherpro : iOS
0 Likes