Applications starting on their own
Black6x

My Droid seems to have apps start up in the background with no prompting or interacting on my part.  For example, I use Advanced Task Killer to kill everything.  Then I set the phone down for 10 minutes or so.  When I open the phone and run task killer again, it tells me that programs such as Settings, Messaging, corporate calendar (which I have never used), Facebook, etc, are running. 

Anyone know why these apps are doing this?

0 Likes
Re: Applications starting on their own
stizod

same thing here....no idea

0 Likes
Mtvmoonman

stizod wrote:

same thing here....no idea

Go to the first thread on the android list.......that android 101 guy can help you.

0 Likes
Backnblack

Black6x wrote:

Anyone know why these apps are doing this?

Do you have those apps set for background data connection? If so i would bet the Droid starts them up to connect...

0 Likes
Black6x

I could look into that, but the issue is that even programs that I do not use are starting.  Like corporate calendar.  It's not set up to do anything.  And why would facebook start in the background? And what about settings?

0 Likes
Stickyfii

Has anyone found an answer to this question, yet? I have the same issue, GTalk and Corporate Calendar are always running and I never use them. How can we stop them from running?

0 Likes
Black6x
Just bringing this to the top again since it's killing battery life. I don't even use the phone for a few hours and it dies. Has anyone figured this out. I mean, corporate calendar is now a pain in the **bleep**.
0 Likes