Appbucket.net?
Android_Freak

Anyone use this? It looks like you just pay $9.99 a year and get unlimited downloads of paid apps? Is that right?

0 Likes
Re: Appbucket.net?
budone
Legend

Not unlimited, you are allowed to download one app PER DAY, on that plan.

0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

It's a pirate / warez site...

[Questionable link removed]

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
is this legal?
0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

firstlady09 wrote:

I have provide a link for more information. Hope this helps!

Why would a Verizon representative be providing links to, and essentially promoting, warez sites??

You do of course realize that the guys running this site (formerly androidplaygound.net* - a very well known warez site) are simply stealing these apps and reselling them, with not one penny going to the developers, right?

*These are the same thieves that constantly spam the Market comments sections looking for subscribers.  They usually post their "ads" under the name "Anonymous" - There's your first clue.

Don't believe me? Apparently not being as the link I provided in my first post was deleted.

Well then, would you take the word of the developers themselves?

Go to the source, the Android Market Forum, and do a search for "appbucket.net" or "androidplaygound.net" and see what they have to say about these sites...

0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

Edit: make that "androidplayground.net"

(fat fingers missed the "r")

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Haha... the post got removed...but they left and edited the other persons post... nice
0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Maybe Google & Verizon have a "special arrangement" with these software pirates, (think Microsoft & China).

It's better people are running stolen software than none at all, kwim?  :smileywink:

Besides, they don't seem to have any desire to put a stop to these guys spamming every Market app Comments page 100+ times every day.

Next thing you know the in-store techs will be adding bookmarks to these sites on all new phones,

...right after they install ATK.  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
RonAnderson
Cob, they read your post because they went back and deleted the copy and pastes. LOL. I do not think that those with the wireless employee tag are paid employees. Either goes by how many posts you have made or they are moderators.
0 Likes
budone
Legend

Those with the Verizon tag are employees. MODS and ADMINS have an Add'l tag.

0 Likes