Android Market Place Billing
bsilver

My wife got a Droid a few months ago and had purchased an app about two months ago and another app last week.

She realized when she bought the second app that it said it was billing to <my name> with <credit card number> type Visa.

Problem is that we don't have a Visa card ending in the account number they're quoting.

We searched credit reports and that number doesn't seem to ever have existed in my name. No bank account number, no account number with Verizon, nothing.

Eventually my wife checked on Google Marketplace, which lists that Visa card associated with that name. The only thing my wife knows of that the Marketplace account ties to, and the only place that lists the purchases, was created only for the purpose of getting the Droid. The people at the Verizon kiosk had her create the gmail account when she bought the phone.

I looked at a bill from the time period that the first app was purchased, and the 1.99 app wasn't listed in the list of charges for our phone, nor is it in this month's bill.

So where does this purchase get billed to? Does it just take several months for the purchases to show up in billing? I called customer support and even though it wasn't showing up in their information, the CSR said that it should get billed to our cell bill. Was the "visa account" number just some pseudo-number tied to the Verizon Wireless account?

0 Likes
Re: Android Market Place Billing
Kirru

That is interesting.  I'm gonna add another question.

If i rather not have the apps I pay for from the android market place added to my bill and I want to pay out of pocket directly, is there a way to do this?  i.e. like the App Store from Apple, it bills to my card through iTunes rather than being billed to AT&T.  

0 Likes
Re: Android Market Place Billing
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Kirru wrote:

That is interesting.  I'm gonna add another question.

If i rather not have the apps I pay for from the android market place added to my bill and I want to pay out of pocket directly, is there a way to do this?  i.e. like the App Store from Apple, it bills to my card through iTunes rather than being billed to AT&T.  

On my G1 I have the option to purchase any apps with my credit card or towards my bill. Surprised Verizon doesn't offer the credit card feature.

0 Likes