Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

what is the usb port used for

stitch5

can it be used for a head set or to get texts

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: what is the usb port used for

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Stitch5, thanks for reaching out to us about this.  The USB can be used as another way to charge the base.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

John_Getzke
Leader

USB port on which VZW device?  Please confirm a model number for us so we can review the options from the User Manual with you.

Generally speaking USB is USB.  That means if you have a driver for a given peripheral then the host machine will be able to communicate with it.  On most mobile devices like phones there are generic drivers that can allow access to devices like headsets.  If not then you need to visit the manufacturers website and locate your own drivers.

I do not understand what you mean by using a USB port to get texts.  Please explain.

7e18n1

TAGS are used for search criteria, they are NOT part of your post.

Page 2 of the User Guide says:

* Note:Never place a USB-based device into the USB port of the Home Phone Connect

under any circumstances. Doing so may damage the device and negate its warranty. The

port was designed for diagnostic purposes only; it is not intended for customer use.

John_Getzke
Leader

Good catch, I didn't bother to check the tags before commenting.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Stitch5, thanks for reaching out to us about this.  The USB can be used as another way to charge the base.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes