locked phone galaxy 6edge

Phone was working fine then one day the set up wizard appears saying Ur phone has been locked due to an abnormal factory reset. I tried doing a complete factory reset by holding down all the buttons but it still won't work

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: locked phone galaxy 6edge

Help me with this stupid phone. Phone is saying locked due to an abnormal factory reset

0 Likes

Customer Support

@gotti39

I am terribly sorry for your experience with your new Samsung Galaxy S 6 Edge device!  I want to ensure your device is back up and running normally again.

First, let's try factory resetting the device with the device powered off by following these steps: http://vz.to/1FQQoMF.  Let me know how this works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

this just happened to me. I went into a verizon store and they couldnt help me. they performed the factory reset and the wizard still popped up saying I had to log into my samsung account, which apparently samsung has no record of me. Now when I log in with the correct information, it just tells me processing failed. I am completely locked out of this phone. I have no way of proving it is mine since it wont let me log in. I am very displeased as this happened to me while I was on vacation 4 thousand miles away from home.

0 Likes

Customer Support

Hello 808girl26!

I'm so sorry to learn of this issue with your device and the Samsung account login/lockout. This screen is produced by having the device setting Reactivation lock set to on. This will cause you to have to sign into the Samsung account that is related to this device prior to allowing reactivation and use of the device as an extra layer of security. Please  navigate to the link below to attempt to recover their Samsung account information. You will need to choose Sign In and then use the link for Find your ID or Password.  Please let us know the results and we will investigate further.Here's the link for  your Samsung account: https://account.samsung.com/membership/service/getServieInfoList.do

ChristinaBB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes