Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

is my jetpack using data whenever it is turned on, or only when a device is connected to the internet?

kidevil

is my jetpack using data whenever it is turned on, or only when a device is connected to the internet?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: is my jetpack using data whenever it is turned on, or only when a device is connected to the internet?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

kidevil,

Great question! This would depend on the devices that are in your home as well as any devices that automatically connect to it. Since it is connected to our network there maybe updates being completed while not in use.
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Re: is my jetpack using data whenever it is turned on, or only when a device is connected to the internet?

Weth
Sr. Leader

Even with nothing connected you will find small amounts of data being used. Generally it's quite dangerous to leave these on all the time because of unintended connections can give big bill surprises. When not using the best practice is to turn off. 

0 Likes

thegreatzacsby

Stop

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

Stop what?

7e18n1

As long as your Jetpack is on and connected to Verizon it exchanges normal network activity with Verizon, an amount measured in kilobytes per day, a couple MB/mo. This doesn’t really change when you connect a device to the Jetpack, that device exchanges normal network activity across the Jetpack’s (USB/Wi-Fi) private network. The users of such devices access the internet through the Jetpack and accumulate >99.6% of the data usage.