Highlighted

how to unlock a mifi4510L that has not been in service for years? It doesn't have a phone number

I have a verizon mifi 4510L I am wanting to go prepaid with another company. How do I unlock it? It hasn't been in service with verizon for around 4 years. so there is no phone number if there is I can't remember it or what was my login info how can I unlock it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: how to unlock a mifi4510L that has not been in service for years? It doesn't have a phone number

That device cannot be unlocked because of the hardware design, only having radios installed that can access Verizon's network in the US. You could try and sell it though, to offset the cost of buying one compatible with another carrier.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: how to unlock a mifi4510L that has not been in service for years? It doesn't have a phone number

Leader

Prepaid is its own little world.  Jetpacks from the contract/self owned world are not compatible with the prepaid devices.  You are going to have to get yourself a new jetpack if your goal is to switch from one payment type to another.  VZW has a separate prepaid department that can assist you if you give them a call.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

The radios used in that device restrict it to the Verizon Wireless network only. The 700 MHz frequency band is unlocked per the FCC, but since Verizon Wireless is the only company using that frequency it is useless elsewhere.

Technology Bands in the device are CDMA 1xEV–DO Rev.A/Rev.0: 800/1900 MHz, 4G LTE (700MHz)

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes