Highlighted

Verizon Wireless Home Phone - Low Call Volume

Got a Verizon Wireless Home Phone (WHPLVP2) to replace our Home Phone Connect.  We have already swapped the unit out because the first one was dropping calls.  With the new unit, the Call Volume is EXTREMELY low.  The receivers of out calls say that the volume is fine but the incoming volume is very low.  I have maxed the volume of every handset but it is still very low.

Is there some way of increasing the call volume on the Wireless Home Phone?

Highlighted

Re: Verizon Wireless Home Phone - Low Call Volume

Customer Support

Not being able to hear with the home phone is a pretty big issue, JeffRosen. We'd be happy to help look into this with you. Please try powering off the Home Phone and disconnect the handsets for about one minute. Once things are reconnected and powered on, please test the volume settings.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Verizon Wireless Home Phone - Low Call Volume

UPDATE & Other issues

Rebooting didn't help.

• Called Tech Support.  Rebooted/Reset everything.  Got rapid busy signal sound - no service.  Determined SIM card wasn't "recognizing" device.
  • Went back to store to have new SIM card put in.  Plugged everything back in.
  • Still low call volume.

OTHER ISSUES:

• Call waiting/Caller ID works intermittently.
  • Calling into phone when it is being used, you would get a ring followed by a tone to let you know that someone was on the line.  This no longer seems to work.

Will have to call Tech Support again.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Verizon Wireless Home Phone - Low Call Volume & Other Issues

Continuing issues...

• Low Call Volume (incoming, outgoing/receiver seems fine)
  • Call waiting/Caller ID works intermittently.
  • Calling into phone when it is being used, you would get a ring followed by a tone to let you know that someone was on the line.  This no longer seems to work.

When I call tech support they check the signal & box and it works fine.  They have rebooted the box and it works for a day or so and then deteriorates.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Verizon Wireless Home Phone - Low Call Volume & Other Issues

I'm having the same volume problem, which I only recently realized might be the new box (which I had to replace because the original one died).  Not encouraging, and I definitely don't want to go through all those shenanigans for nothing.  For me it's a business line, and if it continues to be too problematic without solution I'll switch to another phone service.

0 Likes