Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
Teclast P80X Tablet 8 Inch
ExplodingSidewalk

Is the Teclast P80X 8 Inch Table compatible with the Verizon network.

I have taken my Nano Verizon Sim out of my Samsung S7 and used a Micro Sim Adapter to convert the Nano Sim to a Micro Sim.  Unfortunately, I kept on getting a busy signal when making a phone call.

I really would like to have definitive information that this tablet will NOT work on the Verizon network.

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Correct Answers
Re: Teclast P80X Tablet 8 Inch
Ann154
Expert

It might have been a good idea to have checked the frequencies of the network before you purchased the tablet. 

From what I could find of the 4G frequencies supported by the tablet (FDD-LTE:B1,B3 TD-LTE:B39,B40,B38,B41 WCDMA:B1 TD- SCDMA:B34,B39 GSM:B3,B8), it doesn't support the 700 MHz LTE band 13 that is the main frequency needed to be compatible with the Verizon Wireless network. Also the tablet appears to capable of VoLTE calls, but it has to be certified by Verizon Wireless in order to use the VoLTE protocols used by Verizon Wireless. It might be possible to use the tablet for data if your local cell towers use the other LTE frequencies that the Verizon Wireless network utilizes. It does appear some them are on this tablet. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ExplodingSidewalk

Thank you so much for the quick reply and excellent information.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert

It might have been a good idea to have checked the frequencies of the network before you purchased the tablet. 

From what I could find of the 4G frequencies supported by the tablet (FDD-LTE:B1,B3 TD-LTE:B39,B40,B38,B41 WCDMA:B1 TD- SCDMA:B34,B39 GSM:B3,B8), it doesn't support the 700 MHz LTE band 13 that is the main frequency needed to be compatible with the Verizon Wireless network. Also the tablet appears to capable of VoLTE calls, but it has to be certified by Verizon Wireless in order to use the VoLTE protocols used by Verizon Wireless. It might be possible to use the tablet for data if your local cell towers use the other LTE frequencies that the Verizon Wireless network utilizes. It does appear some them are on this tablet. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ExplodingSidewalk

Thank you so much for the quick reply and excellent information.

0 Likes
ExplodingSidewalk

They main reason for purchasing the Teclast P80X Tablet was for my DJI Mavic Mini Drone.  Inexpensive, Octa Core, 2GB, ROM, 32GB, and up to 128GB MicroSD Card you really can't be the price.

If I could get a Micro Sim Card to use the Verizon Network that would have been an added benefit.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert

You will need to get a separate line of service for the tablet to get a Micro SIM card. I noticed that you used the nano SIM card from your Samsung Galaxy S7 to test the tablet out. You can't have two active SIM cards associated with the same line of service ie the Samsung Galaxy S7 phone number.

Even then you might not be able to even get a Micro SIM card anymore. You may only be able to get a new nano SIM card and have to use the adapter. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would be happy to look into this for you, please meet us in a Private Note. CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

No problem, we would be happy to further assist you in private. Please send us a Private Note. CecileC_VZW

0 Likes