Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

My thoughts about Verizon's data

Justin_393

To whom it may concern,

I currently live in the middle of no where. No one out here has internet and our only internet option is with Verizon. I currently use the Verizon JetPack as a means of internet and have gotten tired of data caps. Why is Verizon incapable of adding a way for people with no other internet option at home to have a JetPack or other home solution capable of having unlimited data? I understand not giving it to everyone as the majority of people live in urban areas and have access to unlimited data. Like I said, Verizon is my only source of internet, and data caps are extremely frustrating. Ask yourself a question. What are you planning on doing within the next few days? Are you going to watch Netflix? A few YouTube videos? Play an online game? Perhaps you will download an IOS upgrade? You can not do ANY of that with Verizon. I once saw a post from a Verizon representative on the topic of unlimited data. To the best of my memory their reply to someone wanting unlimited data was the following. "Most of us do not need unlimited data. There is no point in paying for more than what you need. Most of us, when we get home our phones switch over to Wi-Fi, making unlimited data a waste of money." My phone has no internet to switch over to. If I want to lookup something that uses internet. If I hook my computer up to the internet to work on something background processes are using data. Ads that play videos on websites that I care absolutely nothing about are using my data. It has become increasingly frustrating that no one offers unlimited high speed internet in my area so I'm forced to stick with Verizon and pay an insane amount of money for what most people get for about $30.00 a month. Seriously Verizon, take stuff by a case by case basis. I'm willing to bet that most, if not all of you, have unlimited Wi-Fi at home and watch Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, whatver, and think absolutely nothing about data limits while you force every last penny out of people like me who have no other internet options and can not enjoy the things you take for granted.

Not even to mention cable cutters. The people who get tired of paying for phone, tv, and internet and decide to drop the phone and tv because they can use their mobile phones and internet for the tv.Guess what, I have to pay for tv because I do not have the internet to support "cutting the cable" Which in turn drags even more money out of people like me.

If any Verizon representative has a solution to my problem that does not include spending over $100 a month and increasing my current bill, which is about $300 a month, even more I do not want to hear it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: My thoughts about Verizon's data

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We certainly want to explore options to assist you in minimizing your monthly wireless bill Justin. I definitely understand your dilemma; living in remote locations make it difficult to get residetial internet services. I'm glad that we are able to bring some of the amenities provided with wireless internet. While unlimited data is not available, we have several plans that may meet your wireless needs. Please review all our plans at this link vzw.com/Plan

^AC  
AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Justin_393

Amazing how my current plan 30GB exceeds your XL plan. Guess I'm a 'data hungry'

Explain to me this: Why is unlimited not available? I'm pretty sure the towers out here in the middle of no where are just begging for mercy from the stress of thousands of people using it (sarcasm)

If the towers can't support my household (5 people) with unlimited you might want to change your advertisement campaign as that's not "America's Most Reliable" if it can't handle 5 people...

Another example. Why can DirectTV handle streaming hundreds of thousands of videos and TV to millions of customers with less satellites than you do towers?

If the towers can't handle unlimited, why are there WISPS in my area (I can't use their services because trees and hills block the service) able to offer high speed unlimited internet to customers on towers that are no where near as powerful as yours?

0 Likes

TyroneGreen
Novice

With Verizon, you can go up to the 100GB Plan for $710

0 Likes

JHatchett

I am in the same situation as Justin and none of your data plans meet my needs.  The price of the data plans is a joke.  No normal person can afford your data plans.  Some of them are as high as a house payment.  I am sick and tired of feeling like I am being raped by Verizon every month.  I currently have 40GB for our Home Fusion.  I currently have it turned off because I am about to go over my data limit with 5 days left to go.  We are not able to stream any movies, play online games, etc. and we blow through 40 GB like it's nothing.  There is no reason why Verizon can't offer an unlimited home internet plan. (Except that they are greedy and don't care about their customers.)  I can't wait until we are finally able to get something else.  I will not hesitate to move all of my service if I get the chance.  I have been a Verizon customer since 1991 and this is how I get repaid.

0 Likes

Tx3pct

Your write up is the exact thing I am dealing with , no internet providers and defer to Verizon at this time we use 70gbs month 30gbs on Home Cantenna ( Verizon home internet) which we burn in 3 days of doing absolutely nothing and 40 between our mobile phones. I do not stream movies or play online games as that would put us at serious risk of going over and risk $100s in overage fees. I've called countless times for help and over 12 hours of calls 1-2 hours each call w no one willing to escalate or assist with these deceptive devices. I've had Verizon going on 8 years and have always spoken highly always pay on time and getting treated like I have in these last 3 months feels the worst. I feel your pain.. Please tell me if you got anything out of this post so I can try to get a resolution. My goal is BBB when I am in an area that offers wifi so I can actually enter my complaint ( lives in wooded area) . Verizon should be shut down for these deceptive unfair misleading practices.

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Tx3pct wrote:

Your write up is the exact thing I am dealing with , no internet providers and defer to Verizon at this time we use 70gbs month 30gbs on Home Cantenna ( Verizon home internet) which we burn in 3 days of doing absolutely nothing and 40 between our mobile phones. I do not stream movies or play online games as that would put us at serious risk of going over and risk $100s in overage fees.

I am in the exact opposite boat. I DON'T do absolutely nothing. I do LOTS of things on my phone regularly and DO NOT go over 15 GB shared between 4 lines. I can't imagine how people who do "absolutely nothing" can go thru 30 GB on Home Fusion and 40 GB on their cell phones. Just this past weekend I streamed ~4hrs on WatchESPN and still have 8 GB left of my allowance to use in the next week.

Anyone who goes thru THAT much data doing "absolutely nothing" needs to check their device settings.