Highlighted

MoFi 4500 Router

Greetings Group my first post/question...I'm wanting to buy the MoFi 4500 router and cannot find any information if this router can be used with Verizon 4G service. I've tried contacting tech support to see if this is an authorized Verizon router if so can I buy a Verizon SIM card/unlimited data plan to use with it.
I'm in a rural area and currently using the MiFi 6620L JetPack 15GB 4G unlimited plan.
I'm wanting to upgrade to the MoFi 4500 router so I can add Yagi outdoor antennas to increase signal strength/speed plus that router has USB/Ethernet ports to tether computer/printers/hard drives.
Thanks for any advice/thoughts/info. Dave

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: MoFi 4500 Router

@dlward wrote:

Greetings Group my first post/question...I'm wanting to buy the MoFi 4500 router and cannot find any information if this router can be used with Verizon 4G service. I've tried contacting tech support to see if this is an authorized Verizon router if so can I buy a Verizon SIM card/unlimited data plan to use with it.
I'm in a rural area and currently using the MiFi 6620L JetPack 15GB 4G unlimited plan.
I'm wanting to upgrade to the MoFi 4500 router so I can add Yagi outdoor antennas to increase signal strength/speed plus that router has USB/Ethernet ports to tether computer/printers/hard drives.
Thanks for any advice/thoughts/info. Dave

On the MOFI Network web site, there are three 4500 model routers that say 'fully certified with Verizon'.

http://mofinetwork.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=ve...

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Highlighted

jav6...thank you for the link/info. I know you can bring your own phone but wasn't sure if a router also qualified. So if I walk into my local Verizon store and ask for a unlimited data SIM card/plan they would do that. This is new territory for me so I'm very unfamiliar what I need to do. Thanks for the quick reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Hello, dlward. You found a great place to get some advice and insight, and jav6 already gave you some great tips. It’s great to hear you’re currently using a MiFi device, and we understand the concern over what happens after you use 15 GB of high-speed data. Changing to another device would not change the plan you have, so we’d like to focus there. You can review our current plans here https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/ for more information, including the Get More Unlimited plan that offers 30 GB of high-speed hotspot data. You might also find that one of our Single Connected Home Plans https://www.verizon.com/plans/single-device-plan/ is a better fit for your needs. What are your thoughts?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey dlward. How did this work out?

0 Likes
Highlighted

The problem is that the Jetpak does not have external antennas. The Mofi router does and is able to connect to directional antennas to get better signals. It's not wanting to change plans, just move the sim to an external antenna capable router. How can we do this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

I definitely want to make sure that we can fully address your concerns, Tractorpull. Since Verizon doesn't sell the MOFI4500, we aren't able to offer any suggestions or support for this equipment. If you have any questions about a device that you purchased from us and are using or have a specific service concern, just let us know. 

-RSM

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have a Mofi 4500 and use it with a T-mobile unlimited data SIM card and would like to change it to Verizon. I also previously used an ATT SIM and it worked really well with no problems. Is there seriously not a plan (with Verizon) to purchase an unlimited data plan to fit mobile routers with no data cap? I would easily pay $300 a month for this type of thing... I believe the previous cards I mention above were SIM cards obtained from grandfathered in IPad unlimited data plans, but I still cant believe Verison doesn't have some kind of rural internet solution...

0 Likes