Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Is there a good signal booster for the MI Fi 6620L jet pack?

jimmy46

Is there is good signal booster for theMi Fi jet pack 6620L?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: Is there a good signal booster for the MI Fi 6620L jet pack?

John_Getzke
Leader

There are two kinds of "boosters" (antenna + amplifier) that apply to a Jetpack.  WiFi boosters and VZW boosters.  WiFi boosters will increase the range of your WiFi signal.  Just about any home router that you have lying around can be modified or configured to bridge or repeat the signal from the Jetpack to grant to extra range.

However, WiFi is generally not advised for a device like a Mifi since they are personal connection devices to begin with.  If you are looking for something to act as a normal home router then consider other devices like the Verizon 4G LTE Router instead.  Boosting WiFi range or the Jetpack is going to come at a performance tradeoff and is generally not worth the effort. 

The other kind of boosters focus on the VZW signal from the towers and are much more useful.  These boosters generally work with an antenna and booster/amplifier combination to allow your Jetpack to communicate with the VZW towers with higher success.  You can find car adapters, external home adapters and unpowered simple antennas to boost the VZW reception of your Jetpack.

External antennas and Jetpacks generally do not mix very well.  What is often more successful and future proof is to get a device called a "cradle" that holds the Jetpack instead of directly plugging into it.  That way as you migrate from one Jetpack to another you don't have to worry about a specific antenna port being available.

Check out 3rd party websites like https://www.weboost.com/us/ and http://3gstore.com/ for more info on cellular boosting.

0 Likes

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jimmy46, we can't help but to wonder if you are experiencing some signal issues. As we always want the very best for you, what has been happening? Is this at a specific location? If so, what is the zip code?
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

jimmy46

It has not been a specific location. The signal bars flucuate between 1 and three bars. Never any better. I am currently in zip code 33470. Your map shows this to be a very good coverage area.

0 Likes

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for the information. We always want to know about service issues so that we can help with improvements jimmy46. I was unable to locate any reported any issues in your area. I show great coverage. How long have you had issues? Do you have any other Verizon wireless cell phones that have issues?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes