Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
Is there a 3G modem compatible with my Mac 10.11.6?
HilaryStookey

I have a sweet agreement with Verizon from way back.  Unlimited data.  Wow!   I have had a modem USB760 which did work (tho not well) until I upgraded my Mac to 10.11.6.  Now it seems Verizon Manager program won't apparently work with this level?? I don't have the option to go up to 4G because my contract with Verizon won't cover 4G (not surprisingly!).   I'm wondering if in fact there are some 3G modems that could work with El Capitan?  Or do I have to retreat back down to 10.9 ?  Or perhaps 10.10 ? If I take the Mac back down to that level what 3G modems would you suggest, eg. a Jetpack MiFi 6620L hotspot (suggested by a Verizon operator a long while ago) ?   I'd actually like to have a device that could be used by two computers+  Do you have any suggestions for those, if I have to retreat back to 10.9 or 10.10, please?   Am really not tech savvy but..

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: A 3G modem compatible with my Mac 10.11.6 (El Capitan)
7e18n1

According to this document, the USB760 modem can be used with all modem Asus Wireless Routers with 3G/4G support. Walmart stocks at least 1 and multiple computers can use it wired or wireless (Wi-Fi).

View solution in original post

Weth
Sr. Leader

Look into the cradlepoint MBR1000 or CTR350 - you can find these on ebay. You plug the USB760 into this router and then use your computer on wifi. Both are reported to work with the USB760.

USBCTR350MBR1000
HuaweiEC168Supported
LGVL600VL600 4G LTE USB ModemLegacy Supported
Novatel WirelessOvation MC720Verizon USB720Legacy Supported
Novatel WirelessOvation MC727Verizon USB727Legacy Supported
Novatel WirelessOvation MC760Verizon USB760Legacy Supported
7e18n1

According to this document, the USB760 modem can be used with all modem Asus Wireless Routers with 3G/4G support. Walmart stocks at least 1 and multiple computers can use it wired or wireless (Wi-Fi).

View solution in original post

HilaryStookey

Thanks a lot - will go out shopping and investigating your suggestion!