How can I keep my StraightTalk number?

I'm attempting to add a StraightTalk line to my verizon account.  The paid service ends tonight (10/13/2015) at midnight.

After several hours at a Verizon store, here is the result:

-Verizon contacted StraightTalk customer support for an hour.

-We purchased a phone for the new line and now are waiting for the service to be active (S6, 32GB).

-I am to wait up to 48 hours for StraightTalk to confirm/verify the switch (Assumption of Liability).

-If the line transfer has not completed by then, we are to call StraightTalk again, personally.

Also:

What happens when the StraightTalk service ends before the line transfer is complete?

A Google search resulted in: You will lose your number completely if StraightTalk service ends during the line transfer.

Things hard to figure out:

-What the StraightTalk Account Number & PIN was.

The Main Question:

Is everything being handled the way it should be?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: How can I keep my StraightTalk number? How?

Community Manager
Community Manager

We're excited to hear you're bringing another line to your account, Gorn1120. Let's ensure that move happens successfully. Typically a port in from another cellular company takes 3-24 hours. We do need the account number, account password, and address on the account to ensure the port moves through smoothly. Here's a link to check on your port status at any time, and correct anything that's missing. http://vz.to/1yRcOYq

In the event that this isn't complete before your service ends with Straight Talk, it's possible the number is not lost, because you typically have a period of time during which you can reactivate it without losing the number. However, it's difficult to say if that needs to happen prior to being able to then start the port process again. Straight Talk would best be able to answer that.

LynnD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: How can I keep my StraightTalk number? How?

Community Manager
Community Manager

We're excited to hear you're bringing another line to your account, Gorn1120. Let's ensure that move happens successfully. Typically a port in from another cellular company takes 3-24 hours. We do need the account number, account password, and address on the account to ensure the port moves through smoothly. Here's a link to check on your port status at any time, and correct anything that's missing. http://vz.to/1yRcOYq

In the event that this isn't complete before your service ends with Straight Talk, it's possible the number is not lost, because you typically have a period of time during which you can reactivate it without losing the number. However, it's difficult to say if that needs to happen prior to being able to then start the port process again. Straight Talk would best be able to answer that.

LynnD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Covid19