Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
Home Phone T2000 not working reliably or at all
NICWIL2

I've been having severe problems with my refurbished Home Phone T2000 device ever since getting it over 4 months ago. I'm connecting to Verizon wireless through a WeBoost Home 4G cell booster with an external WeBoost directional antenna, and I have thoroughly checked and tested the booster and the antenna aim. 

I am unable to make or receive any calls with the T2000, but I get a dial tone, and the window shows 3 bars signal. Also my Galaxy S7 phone works just fine with the booster system, but not the T2000.  I have taken the T2000 into town where there is a stronger Verizon signal, and it works okay from there.  I can't even dial *86 to check voicemail from home.

I should add that for the past 4 years I used the original Verizon Home Phone F356 (?), a 3G unit, and only replaced it because Verizon said it wouldn't work at all after Jan. 1, 2020 (before changing their mind and extending the 3G cutoff until the end of this year). So I transferred my phone number and account to the T2000, and when I found it wouldn't work I tried to go back to the 3G unit but was told that could not be done because they can't activate any 3G units any more.

To rule out the chance that this refurbished T2000 was defective, I ordered another one from Amazon for testing, but it behaved exactly the same as the one I have.

Can anybody tell me what the problem could be?  I would hate to have to go back to AT&T landline at 4X the cost of the Verizon account.

Why is it that my 3G Home Phone worked flawlessly but the 4G T2000 won't work at all on the exact same setup?  It's supposed to be an improvement to go from 3G to 4G, but the opposite is true in my case.

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Correct Answers
Re: Home Phone T2000 not working reliably or at all
NICWIL2

Yes, my WeBoost 4G Home signal booster is and was registered on My Verizon account.

My home address is 42020 Little River Airport Rd., Little River CA 95456. My location is .2 mi. East of the nearest intersection which is Albion Little River Rd. 

I have been checking the outside antenna and cable connections and now have it working pretty well. I repaired the antenna mast so it could be raised to its design maximum of 40 ft.   Today I will replace the antenna cable with a brand new low-loss cable from the booster's maker.

So I think my issue is resolved for now through my own efforts to troubleshoot.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
NICWIL2

To summarize the issues: I am in a rural area with very poor signal coverage. I am using a WeBoost Home 4G signal booster with an outdoor directional antenna pointed toward the stronger of two Verizon towers in my area.

Although my booster setup worked perfectly with my older F256 Verizon Home Phone, which was 3G, I purchased a Verizon T2000 4G Home Phone from a private seller, and performance was very poor to nonexistent. Apparently the 4G unit needs a stronger signal than the older 3G unit.

Over a few months of sporadic troubleshooting and missed calls I got a marginal improvement by checking all antenna cable connections and by choosing the other Verizon tower. The other tower is further away but has a clearer path over terrain, and it gives a better signal. I think that's due to a cleaner signal with fewer multipath issues caused by terrain and forest cover.

The crucial breakthrough came when I repaired a broken clamp on my telescoping antenna mast so that I could extend it to full height of 40 ft. above ground, whereas it had worked well for years at 20 ft. above ground with the older 3G Home Phone.

I have just today received a more directional yagi antenna and a new low-loss coaxial cable from WeBoost, and I am about to install it now.  I took signal strength readings from my cell phone to establish a baseline so I can assess the improvement if any provided by the new antenna and cable. If I learn anything significant about that I will post a follow up

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sorry to hear about the issues with calling, NICWIL2. I can understand why this would be confusing and I definitely want to make sure that you get the answers you need to turn this around. You mentioned having a signal booster. Is this device registered? If not, please see this site for FAQ's and a link to register and manage the device: http://spr.ly/6604148b2 So we can check for possible network issues, what's the nearest cross streets and zip code of your location? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
NICWIL2

Yes, my WeBoost 4G Home signal booster is and was registered on My Verizon account.

My home address is 42020 Little River Airport Rd., Little River CA 95456. My location is .2 mi. East of the nearest intersection which is Albion Little River Rd. 

I have been checking the outside antenna and cable connections and now have it working pretty well. I repaired the antenna mast so it could be raised to its design maximum of 40 ft.   Today I will replace the antenna cable with a brand new low-loss cable from the booster's maker.

So I think my issue is resolved for now through my own efforts to troubleshoot.

0 Likes
NICWIL2

To summarize the issues: I am in a rural area with very poor signal coverage. I am using a WeBoost Home 4G signal booster with an outdoor directional antenna pointed toward the stronger of two Verizon towers in my area.

Although my booster setup worked perfectly with my older F256 Verizon Home Phone, which was 3G, I purchased a Verizon T2000 4G Home Phone from a private seller, and performance was very poor to nonexistent. Apparently the 4G unit needs a stronger signal than the older 3G unit.

Over a few months of sporadic troubleshooting and missed calls I got a marginal improvement by checking all antenna cable connections and by choosing the other Verizon tower. The other tower is further away but has a clearer path over terrain, and it gives a better signal. I think that's due to a cleaner signal with fewer multipath issues caused by terrain and forest cover.

The crucial breakthrough came when I repaired a broken clamp on my telescoping antenna mast so that I could extend it to full height of 40 ft. above ground, whereas it had worked well for years at 20 ft. above ground with the older 3G Home Phone.

I have just today received a more directional yagi antenna and a new low-loss coaxial cable from WeBoost, and I am about to install it now.  I took signal strength readings from my cell phone to establish a baseline so I can assess the improvement if any provided by the new antenna and cable. If I learn anything significant about that I will post a follow up

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

NICWIL2, that is wonderful to learn that your issue has been resolved! If you have any further issues please don't hesitate reaching out to us by clicking our support link here: http://vzw.com/support. Have a great day, stay safe and thank you for choosing Verizon!

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes