Highlighted

HUMX Frustration

OK, first, it has become pretty apparent to me that Verizon was in no way prepared to replace defective devices for the Hum.  I have had my Hum in my vehicle fro about 3 months.  All of a sudden, about a month ago, a very annoying and continuous beeping sound started coming from the OBD reader. I eventually had to take the OBD reader out.  At the beginning of this week, I finally had some time to deal with getting a replacement. I started by calling Hum who said that they would be able to send out a replacement device but since I ordered the original device from Verizon, they would need to transfer me to them to process the replacement order.  After about 1/2 hour of back and forth with them, they stated that they would not be able to order the replacement on their end but transferred me back to Hum.  First, I didn't even know it was two distinctive companies. Anyway, Hum then told me that since I ordered the device from my local store, I would need to go to them.  I went in yesterday with the defective device to have them give me a replacement. I was in the store for about an hour as they to were not able to figure out how to order a replacement for a defective system. Finally, they decided to just do a return on the defective device and give me a new one. 

Now, here I am, new system in hand. All I have to do now is call Hum to activate the new device.  I get someone on the phone who tells me that it does not need to be activated and that all I had to do was plug the new OBD reader in, drive for about 15-20 minutes and everything should set itself.  Yeah right. I drove around all day today and still nothing.   Now the issue is that since I was told that the new system needs to activation, I threw away the box with the system ID on it which I know they will need when I call assuming I get someone who know what they are talking about. I guess all this is to ask the community is there another option or another place to locate the system ID for the device?

Currently, I am paying for a service I have not been able to use for a number of weeks now.  If I do not get this figured out, I will be giving up and just deactivate the service and get a refund on the device.  This is way to frustrating for me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: HUMX Frustration

Community Manager
Community Manager

It truly breaks my heart to hear that you've had such a not so favorable experience with the HUM and talking to other representatives about the issues you were experiencing with the device. I want to ensure you are provided all the correct information so that HUM is activated properly. I did do some further research, and I see the only way the system ID can be located is if you were to reach out to HUM directly 800-711-5800. I hope this helps. 

Cheton_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

OK, just to give you an update on where this is at.  If it wasn't happening to me, it would almost be laughable at this point.  So, I followed your suggestion of calling Hum customer Support back.  They told me that basically, without the System ID, they could not activate it and sent me back to the store to see if they could possibly look up the System ID number.  When I got to the store, the salesperson got Hum support back on the phone.  The guy at support once again told me to plug the OBD reader back into the vehicle and it should register everything within 15-20 minutes of driving.  However, this time he took my VIN number and reprogrammed it back into the system.  I tried to tell him that this would not work since my account still has the old system activated on it.  I even told the salesperson that I would be back tomorrow when this did not work.  I was right.  It didn't.  My plan at this point is to return to the store tomorrow and return this device they just gave me that is perfectly functional just so I can get a new device that is a box with a System ID on it.  This seems like completely silly thing to have to do.  I just cannot believe that first, Verizon or Hum seem to be so ill prepared to have to replace a faulty system and two, that activating the device depends on an ID number on a sticker on a box. I am also really disappointed that the Hum Customer Support has been so unhelpful and really seems to have no concern that my system has been down for nearly a month yet I continue to pay for the service.  Not to mention, they really do not seem to know there own product very well and that you can't just plug a new OBD reader in and that it will just start working again.  If I have one ounce of problems when I go into the store tomorrow, I will been done with this system and just return everything and discontinue it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

WILSMI58,

I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern. 

Jennifer_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I had the Hum X for 2 days. Never hooked up. I returned it. I went back to my Delphi Connect for Verizion. I've used it for at least6 years,and had no problems. Until recently, which I believe they are trying to phase  it out. 

0 Likes
Covid19